Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016 (2:43 PM PDT)
Distance (surface): 1-1/16 miles (dirt)
*Race ESR: -10 (moderate/brisk)
*Race LSR: -7 (average/good)
Days Since Last Race: 28
Last-Race Odds: 8-5
Median BSF: 91.0
*Median ESR: -3 (moderate/soft)
*Median LSR: -8 (average/good)
Running Style: M/R
- In the past 19 years, a blind $2 bet on every horse that recorded its final pre-Breeders’ Cup workout over the host track would have netted $2.22 to win.
Qualifiers (as of Oct. 30): KLIMT, TERM OF ART, GORMLEY, NOT THIS TIME and LOOKIN AT LEE.
- Since 1997, seven — count ‘em — winners of the Juvenile last competed on an all-weather or turf surface, including five during the years the race was contested on dirt.
Qualifiers (as of Oct. 30): None.
- 11 of the past 19 Juvenile champs were favored in their last start.
Qualifiers (as of Oct. 30): KLIMT, SYNDERGAARD, TERM OF ART, THEORY, CLASSIC EMPIRE, THREE RULES and NOT THIS TIME.
- Horses with exactly two lifetime starts are 4-of-19 in the Juvenile and have produced profits to win, place and show.
Qualifiers (as of Oct. 30): THEORY and GORMLEY.
STARTLING STAT: Juvenile winners that competed for a purse of less than $250K last time have produced a $3.03 net return since 1997.
Qualifiers (as of Oct. 30): TERM OF ART, THEORY, STAR EMPIRE and NOT THIS TIME.
* Only the editions on a dirt surface were considered.